This is the best ever Vegan Anzac Biscuits recipe. This is based off my mums recipe which we used to make together when I was a child so it brings back lots of good memories. But I’ve veganised it and added more golden syrup so the texture is perfection. My mum will appreciate this as much as I do since she’s vegan now too! You can also make it gluten free!
Vegan Anzac Biscuits – The Best Ever!
Vegan Anzac Biscuit Recipe
- Servings: 30
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 10 mins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup plain flour (a little more if using gluten free flour)
- Between 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Bicarb soda
- Slightly less than 1/2 cup vegan “butter”
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 5 tbsp. Golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan-forced)
- Combine oats, coconut, sifted flour, sugar, salt and bicarb in a bowl. Mix well.
- Melt the vegan butter in a microwave or on the stove. Add water and golden syrup. Mix well.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and combine.
- Place teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto 2 lined baking trays, allowing room for spreading.
- Bake in oven for approx. 10 mins (until golden brown).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly on trays. Enjoy!