Recipe by Gina Fenech
This is a delicious cruelty free breakfast option. It’s great served on toast with tomato sauce, or with veggie sausages, beans and hash browns for an indulgent cooked breakfast or brunch.
Here we’ve served it on a toasted English muffin with a grilled portobello mushroom and tomato wedges.
- 200g tofu, crumbled
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2tsp tamari
- 2tsp savoury yeast flakes (nutritional yeast)
- 1/2tsp turmeric
- 2-3tbsp water
- Chopped fresh parsley and/or chives to garnish
- Freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil, for frying
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan. Fry onion and tofu for a minute or two.
- Add tamari, yeast flakes, turmeric and water to pan and fry for a further minute.
- Remove from heat and stir through the fresh herbs. Add cracked black pepper to taste.